Safeguarding Customer Information and Documents
To conduct regular business, we may collect nonpublic personal information from sources such as:
To conduct regular business we collect non-public customer data in checklists, forms, in written notations, and in documentation provided to us by our customers for evaluation, registration, licensing or related consulting services. We also create internal lists of such data.
Eqis Capital Management will internally safeguard your nonpublic personal information by restricting access to only those employees who provide products or services to you or those who need access to your information to service your account. In addition, we will maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet federal and/or state standards to guard your nonpublic personal information. Failure to observe Eqis Capital Management's procedures regarding customer and consumer privacy will result in discipline and may lead to termination.
Sharing Nonpublic Personal and Financial Information
As the Firm shares nonpublic information solely to service our client accounts, we do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former Customers to anyone, except as permitted by law or otherwise disclosed herein.
Eqis Capital Management is committed to the privacy and protection of our customers' personal and financial information. We will not share any such information with any affiliated or nonaffiliated third party except:
- When necessary to complete transactions in a customer account, such as clearing firm.
- When required to service and/or maintain your account
- In order to resolve a customer dispute or inquiry
- With persons acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity on behalf of the customer
- With rating agencies, persons assessing compliance with industry standards, or to the attorneys, accountants and auditors of the firm
- In connection with any sale and / or merger of Eqis Capital Management's business.
- To prevent or protect against actual or potential fraud, identity theft, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability.
- To comply with all federal, state or local laws, rules, statutes and other applicable legal requirements.
- In connection with a written agreement to provide advisory services or investment management when the information is released solely for the purpose of providing products or services covered by pursuant to the Eqis Capital Wrap Fee Program.
- Upon the customers specific instruction, consent or request
- Pursuant to any other exceptions enumerated in the California Information Privacy Act
Note: When we share your nonpublic information with any third party for the reasons stated above, we make certain that there are written restrictions in place regarding the use and/or disclosure of said information.
It is not a policy of Eqis Capital Management to share nonpublic personal and financial information with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties except under the circumstances noted above. Since sharing under the circumstances noted above is necessary to service customer accounts or is mandated by law, there are no allowances made for clients to opt out.
The information contained herein is believed to be reliable but is neither guaranteed by EQIS Capital Management, Inc., its principals nor any affiliated EQIS companies. Content includes EQIS’ opinions and is not guaranteed. The information is intended for the exclusive use of licensed investment professionals. This is not a solicitation to buy or sell securities. CID 140256